Compo-SiL：Sustainability - A Problem Solver to the Upcoming Unknown Challenges
Sustainability: A Problem Solver to the Upcoming Unknown Challenges.
We believe to satisfy todays’ needs without endangering the capacity of coming generations, silicones are one of the sustainable biocompatible man-made polymer materials derived from silica, which is the second most abundant mineral on Earth.
Silicone and Compo-SiL® Sustainability Highlights:
- Knowingly or unknowingly we are contributing towards a carbon-neutral economy for 50 years. Silicones generate energy savings
and reduce CO2 emission 9 times greater than the impacts of production and recycling.
- Silicone raw materials and silicone-based products like Compo-SiL® comes with RoHS, REACH certifications.
- Manufacturing and production processes are solvent-free, thus ensures negligible VOCs emissions.
- Silicones are recyclable but the recycling centers are very few. Still it has been proven to be recyclable which is a step towards sustainability.
Sustainable Developments Providing Sustainable Lifestyle
Sustainable lifestyle is the choices made for one’s living and its impact globally. It aims to create a mindset to use sustainable products rather than going for the easy going non-sustainable ones.
It is very important to be far sighted for the sustainable life not only for us but for the future generations. Standards and measures we adapt now against the environmental challenges for sustainable lifestyle will shape the future.
Does Silicone and Compo-SiL® Add up to Provide Sustainable Life?
Choosing sustainable living is an inevitable trend for human beings in the future. Silicone based Compo-SiL® provides a sustainable solution to various parts of a greener lifestyle.
- Non-toxic to the environment.
- Plastic alternative.
- Follows the life cycle of Green Products.
- Applications in healthcare, transport, consumer product, textile and electronics industries.
Compo-SiL® Sustainable New Application - Vegan Leather
Compo-SiL® Vegan leather is made of silicone rubber. The raw material for silicone rubber is derived from natural silica, the constituent of sand. Various studies have shown silicone is non-toxic, durable, and harmless to the environment.
Compo-SiL®: Our Plan for Sustainable Carbon-neutral Future.
Compo-SiL® is a sustainable solution providing to various industries from the beginning. With our new Compo-SiL® technology, we aim to create more sustainable solutions in diverse areas and strive to do our part to reducing the use of plastics. This innovation has a potential to re-create products without harming our habitats for a more sustainable future.
For more information, please refer to GS Sustainability report :